Increased downtime, performance issues, climbing operating costs: these are all the tell-tale signs that a water treatment or process filtration system needs assessing and improving. Do you accept the risks and carry on, knowing that repairs will get steadily more frequent and unexpected breakdowns might bring processes to a halt? Or do you raise a CapEx and accept that a new installation is the only way to ensure a risk-free future? The answer might be neither…it could be a process filtration or water treatment plant refurbishment/plant upgrade.
Process filtration and water treatment plant refurbishments and plant upgrades can solve a whole range of issues
When you experience problems with water treatment plants or process filtration equipment, plant refurbishment or upgrades can be a cost-effective way to fix the issues. Our engineers complete a FREE health assessment on your entire plant, taking a holistic view, spending time with your team and understanding your issues and requirements. We’ll then produce a full report with recommendations on process filtration and water treatment plant refurbishments and plant upgrades, highlighting areas for system improvement.
By choosing a process filtration or water treatment plant refurbishment or plant upgrade, you can:
- Extend equipment lifetime. Upgrading parts of a system can remove bottlenecks and extend the life of the entire plant.
- Achieve the latest health and safety and environmental standards. When we carry out your free health check, we’ll evaluate each process against the latest health and safety and environmental standards. Our report will show how upgrades can achieve compliance, helping to keep your team safe and meet your corporate and social responsibility goals.
- Reduce operating costs. When systems start to fail, parts run less efficiently and running costs increase. Installing the latest energy-efficient technology and treatment processes can immediately reduce operating expenditure, including chemical procurement and energy bills.
- Reduce carbon and water footprint. New installations carry a large carbon footprint in raw materials, manufacturing and the disposal of the existing plant. By choosing a process filtration or water treatment plant refurbishment the carbon cost of a new installation is immediately removed and by upgrading to the latest energy-efficient technology, ongoing carbon emissions and water footprint are reduced.
- Reduce water use and waste. Regeneration processes have to work harder and run more frequently as a plant reaches the end of its life. A plant refurbishment project will be targeted at the areas where waste streams are increasing. New upgrades can often achieve better operational water efficiency too, helping to reduce waste streams still further.
- Achieve all of this without a large CapEx investment.
Fast, cost-effective solutions with little or no impact on your day-to-day operations
A process filtration or water treatment plant refurbishment can be more a cost-effective alternative to a full plant installation.
But there are plenty of other benefits too…
- Ensure continuous operation. When we carry out a plant refurbishment, we’ll make sure that all systems continue to operate throughout the project. If we need to replace a critical piece of equipment, then we’ll supply temporary mobile water treatment units for continuous backup flow.
By installing a temporary ion exchange water treatment system for our large paper mill client, we were able to replace the entire ageing plant without disruption to the water supply. When the old plant was removed, the mobile unit became part of the permanent installation.
- Get to your goals faster. Process filtration or water treatment plant refurbishments, even complex ones, can often be project managed and scheduled for completion in a matter of weeks, helping you reach stable and efficient water treatment or process filtration standards fast.
- Achieve ROI quicker. Not only do process filtration or water treatment plant refurbishments cost less, but they also help to reach your ROI faster. We identify the parts of your process that are wasting time, resources or energy and upgrade them to align with your goals. Many of our clients achieve payback in less than a year.
- Software evaluation. As part of your free health check, we’ll evaluate your software. The latest technology provides vital services, such as automation, remote digital monitoring and efficiency alerts, all of which can help to ensure cost-effective and efficient operation for years to come.
- Access comprehensive and ongoing service and maintenance. We provide comprehensive PureCare service and maintenance plans to ensure that your whole plant performs at maximum efficiency and delivers optimal ROI for years to come.
Process filtration and water treatment plant refurbishment for every industry sector
For over 50 years, we’ve been helping customers across multiple industry sectors solve their complex water processing and process filtration challenges. Our solutions are designed to increase productivity, reduce costs and meet environmental and sustainability targets.
Our recent water treatment plant refurbishment projects include:
- Solenis – we helped this large chemical manufacturer guarantee ultra-pure water production for another 10 years. Vital demineralised streams are used directly in the manufacturing process and combined heat and power generation.
- Plessey – by refurbishing a redundant plant, we helped this microLED manufacturer double water treatment outputs to meet the demand for the manufacturing of Facebook’s new augmented reality technology.
- Molson Coors – water treatment plant refurbishment reduced wastewater by 40% and electricity use by 35% for the largest beer manufacturing plant in Europe.
- One of the largest packaging solutions providers in Europe – our team refurbished and recalibrated a mixed ion exchange system, saving thousands of euros on a new installation while ensuring high-quality deionised water for use in the steam generator.
We work across the entire water treatment and process filtration lifecycle and our plant upgrades include:
To extend the life of your current process filtration or water treatment system, decrease operating costs and save water and energy, book your FREE system health check