Depth filter sheets are suitable for filtration of liquids with higher dirt loads and where high holding capacity is needed for longer operating times. Liquids are forced through the three-dimensional matrix of the depth filter sheet and it is within this matrix that the particles are trapped.
Our range of depth filter sheets are tailored specifically for applications where purity and quality are paramount and our depth filter media (DFM) products, include:
- Pre-filtration depth filter sheets are designed for the coarse filtration of highly turbid liquids and the filtration of liquids with a high quantity of materials in suspension.
- We offer a range of depth filter sheets for the final clarification of liquids and preparation for sterile filtration.
- Clarification depth filter sheets are ideally suited to many applications including the filtration of wines, beers, bottled water, distilled alcoholic drinks, fruit juices, vinegar, pharmaceutical products, cosmetics and perfumes.
- Our sterile depth filter sheets deliver excellent clarification performance for the reliable removal of particulates, micro-organisms and endotoxins. The optimal combination of depth filtration and adsorption delivers high performance with a low total cost of ownership.
- Sterile depth filter sheets have broad applications and are used within wine, beer, fruit juice, spirit, food, fine chemistry, biotechnology, pharmaceutical and cosmetic manufacturing.
Activated Carbon Adsorptive (DFM-A)
- Impregnated with immobilised, activated carbon, our activated carbon depth filter sheets provide high-adsorption capacity for the removal of colours, odours, taste taints and other undesirable by-products.
- Key applications include fine and speciality chemical production and biotechnology, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, fruit juice, spirit and food manufacturing.
- Our range of high-viscosity depth filter sheets have a high dirt holding capacity and burst strength for the filtration of liquids with high viscosity or particle load.
- High-viscosity depth filter sheets are often used in the fine and speciality chemicals industry and the manufacturing of biotechnology and pharmaceutical products, cosmetics and fruit juices.
- Our reusable and washable depth filter sheets are often used for pre-coat filtration. These filter sheets provide excellent wet strength combined with optimal filter surface texture for straightforward filter cake removal.
- Up to 30 filtration cycles are possible, irrespective of the type of filter aid used and the liquid filtered.
- Our washable depth filter sheets are typically used in beer filtration in conjunction with the Orion plate and frame press.
- As well as beer filtration, our washable depth filter sheets are perfectly suited to processes within the fine and speciality chemicals and cosmetics industries.
Tailored filtration solutions to meet your needs
Selecting the right depth filter sheets for your application will depend on many factors, such as the flow rate and viscosity of the liquid, the size and type of the particles to be removed, the required retention efficiency and the chemical and temperature compatibility of the media.
Our team of process experts recommend solutions to maximise the effectiveness of your filtration process, enabling you to hit production and quality targets with a low total cost of ownership