All-in-one multi-technology RO-EDI plant – designed to deliver high purity water
Eco MultiPro is one of our core EcoRange technologies. Combining three powerful technologies in one skid-based, plug-and-play design, Eco MultiPro uses reverse osmosis (RO) and electrodeionisation (EDI), along with carbon dioxide (CO2) degas membranes, as standard, to deliver high-purity water streams for a wide range of ultra-pure water applications.
Produce high-purity water in one compact system – with no chemicals and low operating costs
High purity water streams are essential to many industrial and manufacturing processes. Dissolved ions can lead to corrosion or scale build-up and suspended solids can precipitate and damage critical and valuable equipment.
To produce ultra-pure water, multiple technologies are often used to tackle each type of impurity, but this can often mean multiple, large-footprint equipment with complex connections and the use and storage of hazardous chemicals.
Featured Case Study
Eco MultiPro RO-EDI plant, featuring reverse osmosis membranes, CO2 degas membranes and electrodeionisation VNX modules.
Our Eco MultiPro RO-EDI water system combines multiple, advanced water treatment technologies in one straightforward design. Each system is skid-mounted, pre-assembled and pre-tested at our world-class manufacturing facility. This means that each Eco MultiPro system arrives ready for fast integration with existing processes and quick start-up. Because Eco MultiPro is based on RO-EDI technology, no chemicals are required, reducing storage space and the risks associated with handling hazardous chemicals.
With high-efficiency, low energy reverse osmosis membranes, operating costs are lowered and water recovery rates of up to 98% can be achieved, keeping waste streams low.
Our standard systems produce flow rates of between 5m3/hour to 15m3/hour, with larger bespoke systems available on request.
Eco MultiPro – advanced RO-EDI technology
Each Eco MultiPro RO-EDI water system is comprised of three core technologies:
- Reverse osmosis membranes – our high efficiency, low energy membranes force water through a semi-permeable membrane, removing 99.9% of all viruses, bacteria, pyrogens and suspended solids and 96-99% of dissolved ions and organic compounds.
- Degas membranes – the water is then passed through CO2 degas membrane contactors. By removing CO2 at this stage, downstream electrodeionisation becomes more effective and efficient, reducing costs and the size of the plant needed.
- Electrodeionisation (sometimes called continuous electrodeionisation, CDI or CEDI) acts as the final polishing stage, removing all remaining ions and charge. Unlike some other deionisation technologies, electrodeionisation requires no hazardous regeneration chemicals. The resulting demineralised water streams achieve conductivity of less than 0.1 micro siemens (µS), with less than 10 parts per billion (ppb) silica and less than 10 ppb sodium.
Advanced digital monitoring for maximum efficiency
Every RO-EDI plant comes complete with advanced operation and monitoring technology.
The PLC and HMI control panel provide secure login for authorised personnel. Operational parameters can be adjusted and status indicators viewed, with security features preventing accidental or unauthorised access. Historical data and trend analysis enable operators to adjust settings and maximise plant efficiency, further reducing operating costs and waste.
Remote monitoring by Envirogen engineers provides additional insight and predictive maintenance triggers to ensure continuous operation and a total low cost of ownership. All RO-EDI plants models are supported by our comprehensive service and maintenance plans, with access to a strong network of nationwide aftersales support.
Eco MultiPro RO-EDI plant
- Ultra-low conductivity streams
- Sites where hazardous chemical handling is an issue
- Saving space
- Quick start-up and easy integration with existing processes
- High-purity processes, such as pharmaceutical rinse water, microelectronics manufacturing and general industrial use
- Steam turbines and high-pressure boilers
Eco MultiPro delivers:
- System recovery rates of up to 90%
- Removal of up to 99.5% of dissolved ions
- Removal of 99.9% of organic compounds, viruses, bacteria and pyrogens
- Conductivity at less than 0.1 µS
- Less than 10 ppb silica
- Less than 10 ppb sodium
- Low operating costs and low total cost of ownership, particularly when used with Envirogen consumables
- Purified water streams without the use of chemicals
- Compact design
- Quick start-up – each system coming skid-mounted, pre-assembled, pre-tested and ready to plug-and-play
- Easy operation with a straightforward HMI and PLC control system
- Intelligent remote monitoring with alarms
- From three different models with flow rates ranging from 5m³/hr to 15m³/hr
- Stainless steel, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), polyvinylchloride (PVC) or polypropylene (PP) pipework
- Bespoke largescale models are available to meeting larger production demands
Discover how Energy Works Hull used Eco MultiPro to stop 240,000 tonnes of waste from reaching landfill.
Learn how Eco MultiPro helps Surrey County Council turn waste into electricity.
Discover how Eco MultiPro helps energy-from-waste (EfW) plant process 169,000 units of refuse-derived fuel (RDF) each year to supply the UK’s National Grid.
Eco MultiPro is part of Envirogen’s EcoRange – a selection of our most popular, modular technology that blends high quality with efficiency and a low total cost of ownership.